New Light Energy Design helps PG&E’s commercial and multi-family residential customers significantly lower their utility bills by performing energy efficient lighting upgrades throughout the SF Bay Area. As authorized program contractors, we make it easy and affordable for customers to improve their lighting environment while reducing operational costs and environmental impact.
Our customers enjoy:
- More profits through lower utility bills from reduced energy use
- A clean, fresh appearance to facilities that their customers and employees notice
- Upgraded lighting that reduces headaches and eye strain, resulting in increased worker productivity
- Better product displays equating to higher sales in retail settings
- Corrections to previously under lit or over lit spaces and matching light colors
- Lower maintenance costs through new longer-lasting lighting technology
- Safer work and living spaces
We are seeking additional sales partners to help us retrofit the bay area’s outdated stock of commercial lighting infrastructure by selling our value package through lighting retrofits. We are an approved contractor in the various lighting rebate programs throughout the bay area and are focused on growing our sales presence in the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. This is a commission based sales position on independent contractor status.
The work entails canvassing neighborhoods (sometimes together with PG&E’s Reps) and employing other networking strategies to identify facilities that have older lighting technology (T12 fluorescent, incandescent, metal halide, high pressure sodium) and providing a free lighting retrofit audit. Once the audit is completed you will be able to create and deliver a proposal that will give total job cost, rebate amount, customer cost, and estimated annual energy, cost savings and CO2 reductions. You will assist the customer in understanding the proposal and the program, sign them up and submit their application for project approval.
New Light Energy Design is a values-based business; focusing on ‘doing well by doing good’. We treat our customers, sales partners, suppliers and employees with respect and gratitude. We always seek to do the best for the environment through sustainable business practices such as reducing carbon emissions, our business waste stream, and more.
Our Sales Partners Enjoy
- Pride in the important work being done to reduce carbon emissions, reduce America’s dependence on foreign energy and strengthen our communities
- The opportunity to help and learn about the many different industries and buildings in the bay area
- Independence in their lives and careers to support their lifestyles
- Learn lighting and how to perform efficiency audits
- Build marketable experience in sales and energy efficiency and the growing green collar economy
- Work on your own schedule: part or full-time
- Very good earnings potential
- Direct contact to company management and ability to have an impact in a young, quickly growing, professional organization
- Sales background, with cold calling and networking experience preferred
- Lighting industry experience helpful, but we love to teach too
- Self starting, self motivated, confidence to work as an independent agent
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with basic knowledge of Excel and Word
- Organized with the ability to manage a sales pipeline to track and follow through with prospect
- Passion for energy efficiency, and the drive to make a positive impact
U.S. Buildings represent 40% of U.S. energy use and 10% of global energy use! Lighting accounts for 14% of total U.S. building energy use. Taking advantage of generous rebate programs by selling lighting retrofits represents a great opportunity to help reduce carbon emissions, earn a respectable income, and gain valuable skills in the energy efficiency industry.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org